The 34th session of the Human Rights Council’s Universal Periodic Review Working Group takes place in Geneva, during which Iran is scheduled to have its human rights records examined on November 8th.
A high level Iranian delegation will attend the assembly to defend the Islamic Republic.
Justice for Iran has submitted the “Iran: Maximum Impunity” and has asked UN members to hold Iran accountable for:
- Killing of protesters during the 2017-18 demonstrations
- Lack of investigation on deaths in custody
- Extraction and broadcasting of forced confessions
- Impunity for those involved in the 1988 massacres
- Enforced disappearances
- The destruction of mass graves
Justice for Iran will be live-tweeting the session on Friday November 8th:
9am Geneva time: @Justice4IranEn
11:30am Tehran time @Justice4Iran