Seyyed Mohammadreza Hashemi-Golpayegani
Seyyed Mohammadreza Hashemi-Golpayegani was born in Najaf on 4 January 1947. He holds a Ph.D. in Medical Engineering.
- Member of the Supreme Council of the Cultural Revolution since 1983
- Secretary of the Supreme Council of the Cultural Revolution from 1985 to 1993
- Head of the Technological and Engineering Department of the Supreme Council of the Cultural Revolution
- Assistant Professor of Education and Research at Amir Kabir University of Technology
- Minister of Culture and Higher Education from 1993 to 1998
- Member of the Audit Committee at Amir Kabir University of Technology
- Member of the Board of Trustees at the Academy of Sciences
- Professor of Medical Engineering at Amir Kabir University of Technology
Human Rights Violations (in chronological order):
As Secretary of the Supreme Council of the Cultural Revolution, Seyyed Mohammadreza Hashemi-Golpayegani played an instrumental role in preventing members of the Baha’i faith from accessing higher education. He signed a confidential document outlining restrictions on Baha’i citizens, which was sent to the Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei.
Based on that document, the Ministry of Culture and Higher Education sent a confidential directive to all higher education institutes and universities, mandating a ban on Baha’i citizens receiving higher education.
The complaints of Baha’i university students Shayan Moghimi Firouzabad and Rosita Tashakkor were rejected by drawing on the text of this document.
For more information and sources, please contact us at [email protected].