– Markazi Province Deputy Police Chief during the early years of the 2000s
– Lorestan Province Police Chief, June 2009 – August 2010
– Tehran Traffic Police Chief, August 2010 – March 2014
– Sistan and Baluchestan Province Police Chief, March 2014 – 8 August 2017
– Tehran Police Chief, 8 August 2017 – present
Human Rights Violations:
During the protests of December 2017-January 2018, police forces under the command of Hossein Rahimi, the Law Enforcement Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran (known by the acronym NAJA) Commander for Greater Tehran, crushed demonstrations using excessive force and violent methods including physical assault and the use of tear gas.
On 30 December 2017, following violent attacks against protesters outside the University of Tehran, on Enghelab Street, NAJA forces attacked students simply because they were chanting in support of the protesters. The police forces assaulted and arrested a number of students and injured others by using teargas on the university campus.
During three days, between 30 December and 1 January, NAJA forces arrested at least 450 protesters. From 3 January, they were deployed on the streets in force to intimidate the public and prevent peaceful gatherings in Tehran.
*Last update: March 12, 2018*