Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli was born in Shirvan (North Khorasan Province) in 1960. He holds a PhD in Geography – Planning, and a Master degree in Political Geography from Tarbiat Modares University.
– Educational and Research Deputy of the Faculty of Letters and Humanities of Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, 1990-1992
– Founder and the Chief of Tuition-Paying Courses at the Faculty of Letters of Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, 1991-1992
– A Member of the 4th Islamic Consultative Assembly from Shirvan Electorate in North Khorasan Province, 1993-1997
– IRIB Vice President
– IRIB Deputy of Planning
– IRIB Deputy of Assembly and Provinces Affairs
– IRIB Political Deputy
– IRIB Representative in the Supreme Council of the Cultural Revolution
– IRIB Representative in Anti-Contraband and Currency Smuggling Headquarters
– IRIB Representative in the Coordinating Council for the Healthy Cities Project of the Ministry of Health, Treatment and Medical Education
– Head of the News Division of the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union in 2004
– Head of the 9th Presidential Election Campaign of the IRIB (the last year of his tenure in IRIB: 2007)
– A Member of the Committee of State Information Council for six years
– Cultural Deputy of the Anti-Contraband and Currency Smuggling Headquarters
– Deputy of Economic Development and International Affairs of the Provinces, and Head of Information Council of the Interior Ministry of Iran, 2007-2008
– Head of the Meeting of State Ministers, and a Member of the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO), Ministry of the Interior
– Deputy Secretary, and Deputy in charge of Cultural, Media and Social Affairs of the Supreme Council of National Security for 18 months as of 2008
– President of the Supreme Audit Court of Iran, 2009-present
– A Member of the Graduate Council of the Faculty of Earth Sciences at Shahid Beheshti University, 2009-present
– Head of the Supreme Audit Institutions Organization of the ECO Members (ECOSAI), October 2010-October 2013
– The Interior Minister of the Islamic Republic of Iran, July 2013-present
– Seyed Ali Khamenei’s Deputy Representative to the Disciplinary Forces, September 2013-present
Human Rights Violations:
As the Interior Minister and the Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s second-in-command in the police force, Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli is in charge of the Law Enforcement Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran (known by the acronym NAJA) and has the authority to issue permits for peaceful assemblies.
Rahmani Fazli is responsible for the violence used by NAJA forces against the protesters during the December 2017-January 2018 protests. NAJA crushed protests using excessive force and violent means including firing live ammunition, spraying tear gas and physical assaults.
Rahmani Fazli has also barred Iranian citizens from exercising their right to peaceful assembly. In addition to refusing to issue permits for peaceful assemblies, on 30 December 2017, he warned protesters not to attend unlawful assemblies and to refrain from making trouble for themselves and others.